free site statistics Fires of the Frozen Lower Blogosphere: The Eternal File <bgsound src="http://members.cox.net/bphowe2/Music/frost.mid" loop="infinite" />

The Lower Blogosphere Burns with the Intensity of a Thousand Suns.

Monday, April 10, 2006

The Eternal File

During my journey to discover the lost blog that attained sentience, I ran across something that will make your blood curdle. I found... the file that takes forever to copy.


This file doesn't need anyone or anything. It's entirely self-sufficient, and runs on pure hydrogen. Looks like another successful story of pride and redemption. Sometimes I wonder about the future of humanity; then I look at files like this and all my worries just evaporate like dew on a dehumidifier. I find myself looking back on humanity's use of natural resources, how foolish we were to assume that the world's supply of dirt was infinite. Dirt, as scientists will tell you now, is as precious as water. You think dirt just grows on trees?! It has to be cultivated under duress. Without dirt, all our other resources would just... dry up.

There have been 9 Cries of Anguish:

Blogger flatlander maliciously intimated...

This is surely the File we've been waiting for so long, the fabled Promised File of Unlimited Decompression.

Of course, it could also be the nefarious False File, full of endtime viruses and apocolyptic Spam.

The best part of it is, we'll never know for sure.

4/10/2006 10:47 AM  
Blogger Bathroom Hippo maliciously intimated...



Brought tears to these dry eyes.

You are deserving of the Bob-Dole Achievement award.

4/10/2006 11:22 AM  
Blogger Gyrobo maliciously intimated...

I always enjoy receiving an award. If only I had never tried to copy the entire Sims game from one folder to another...

4/10/2006 1:25 PM  
Blogger Joaquin Mattison maliciously intimated...

Congrats on the award! At Sal & Company, we give out an award out April 21 for sleaiest employee/blogger.

4/10/2006 8:40 PM  
Blogger Gyrobo maliciously intimated...

It's April already?! When did this happen?!

4/11/2006 12:06 PM  
Blogger Bathroom Hippo maliciously intimated...


Largest file I've ever attempted to download was well over 800 MB (on a 56k modem).

The largest file I've actually downloaded was 211 MB (with dsl).

4/11/2006 5:14 PM  
Blogger Gyrobo maliciously intimated...

The largest download I ever did was Eclipse, the free open-source Java editor workshop thing. It's about 100 megabytes.

Only good for Java, though.

4/12/2006 8:44 AM  
Blogger Joaquin Mattison maliciously intimated...

Gyrobo, I have a question. I started this whole "Blogshares" game. I was just wondering, what do the do, what do I use them for? Also, what makes my Karma score move?

Thanks,
Salbert

4/13/2006 11:21 PM  
Blogger Joaquin Mattison maliciously intimated...

I'm...... obsessed with blogshares........ must make my blog more valuable!!!!!!

Gyrobo, I was jusst wondering, well since you have a link to my blog at Roboshrub Inc. could I PLEASE get one here too? You will be rewarded!

Thanks!

4/14/2006 11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Burn!