free site statistics Fires of the Frozen Lower Blogosphere: The Ball's in Hinchey's Court Now <bgsound src="http://members.cox.net/bphowe2/Music/frost.mid" loop="infinite" />

The Lower Blogosphere Burns with the Intensity of a Thousand Suns.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

The Ball's in Hinchey's Court Now

I finally did it- I sent an e-mail to a member of Congress! Actually, it wasn't an e-mail. You apparently can't send e-mails to Congressmen. I tried and got this instantly:

This e-mail account does not receive e-mail messages. In an effort to better serve the constituents of the 22nd Congressional District and increase the security of our network, all e-mails to Congressman Hinchey are received through the Congressman's web site. To send an e-mail to Congressman Hinchey, please go to www.house.gov/hinchey/contact.htm

Of course, that page doesn't exist. So, I went to his official web site and looked for contact information. A short while later, I successfully sent him my e-mail via his office form thing. The message involved congressional blogging, something I've been wondering about for some time. So, will Hinchey respond? Does a Congressman have the kind of time to wade through something written by a half-crazed, half-insane madman? Only time will tell.


Super Magical Hinchey GO!

There have been 1 Cries of Anguish:

Blogger Gyrobo maliciously intimated...

I'm thinking about making an open thread soon. Not just any open thread, but one that sings with the poetic insight of my soul.

How many hundreds of people do you think send Hinchey e-mail every day? He represents about 500,000 people. But I'm the coolest.

10/05/2005 12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Burn!